How to Change Desktop Icon Size in Windows 10
A personal computer is called a personal computer for a reason; it's personal, and it can be personalized. It's yours, and you don't have to be stuck with how it looked when it first got to you. There is endless potential to what your PC screen can look like; one way to achieve that is to change the desktop icon size. I bet that big looking icon square is not your thing.
There are several ways to change the desktop icon size in Windows 10, and I'll be guiding you to do so in this article.
Using context menu
This is most likely the most straightforward way around changing the size of your desktop icon. This is how to:
- Right-click on any empty part of your desktop screen, then select "View". Then you'll get a drop-down menu.
- In the drop-down menu, you'll get three icon size options: Large icons, Medium icons and small icons.
- Select either of the three that suite you, you will notice an instant change in the size of the desktop icon
If you are not satisfied with the size you picked, you can always repeat the process.
Using mouse scroll wheel
This is also relatively easy, but it is exclusive to mouse users. Don't mind me! You can always get a mouse to try it. This is how to:
- Return to the desktop screen of your computer, if elsewhere
- While on the desktop screen, hold the CTRL-key
- Then scroll up or down with your mouse scroll wheel to increase size or reduce the size, respectively.
Using a keyboard shortcuts
Are you a keyboard enthusiast; one of those who prefer to use the keyboard for everything they do? This method is for you. this is how to:
- Go to the desktop screen of your system
- Press and hold down the CTRL + SHIFT keys on the keyboard
- With the Ctrl + Shift keys held down, press one of the following keys to change the size of your desktop icon
1 – Change desktop icon size to extra large
2 – Change desktop icon size to large
3 – Change desktop icon size to medium
4 – Change desktop icon size to small
Note that only the number keys on the top of your keyboard work for this method.
Using the display settings
This is another way to change desktop icon size, but unlike the other ways to this, it is a bit longer than the rest. This feature allows you to change sizes of items like your text and icons by specifying your values to resize them. This is what I call personalization at its peak, and this is how to:
- Go to Settings; Start Menu > Settings (a gear looking icon)
- Click the System option of the settings.
- From the system settings page, click the Display option from the left sidebar.
- Under the scale and layout section, change the value under the “change the size of text, apps, and other items” option to one of the values in the drop-down menu. Note that upon changing the value, the size changes instantly.
- If you want a size not available on the drop-down menu, click the “Advanced sizing of text and other items” option.
- Here, you can now input any size value of your choice between 100 and 500. Then click “Apply” to confirm the effect.
In this tutorial we learned how to to change the desktop icon size on Window 10. Thanks for reading and please leave your suggestions in the below comment section.
* You will receive the latest news and updates directly to your inbox !