All your frequently used activities in Facebook are stored in cache memory. Cache memory is fast so it helps speed up the Facebook app. Sometimes this memory gets into some issues and apps get slow. The best way to fix those issues is by clearing the cache. It's always safe to clear cache and it will not clear any of your Facebook data or settings.
This guide to assist you in clearing the Facebook cache on your iPhone. There are few methods to clear cache off from your iPhone:
- Clear Cache through the Facebook app
- Clear all phone cache with iPhone Cleaner Software
- Clear Cache by deleting the app completely
- Clear cache if you are using any browser
Clear Cache through the Facebook app
In the Facebook app, the developer designed an in-built cache clearer for situations when you need to do so. Here is how to:
- Open the Facebook app on your iPhone.
- Right there in the iPhone Facebook app, click More > Settings > Account settings.
- Select the Account Settings option and scroll downwards to Browser.
- On that page, click the Clear Data option to clear the phone's cookies and Cache. (Sometimes these Cache and cookies are accumulated from websites visited from Facebook).
Clear all phone cache with iPhone Cleaner Software
Just like Facebook, many other apps accumulate Cache as well. To clear all apps cache, you can use a third-party iPhone manager to remove Cache. All you need to do is download the manager software on a pc and connect your iPhone to the PC via a USB cord to scan your device. You can use this manager software to free up space generally on your device.
Examples of some of this software are:
Clear Cache by deleting the app completely
After trying the above methods and the derived results are not satisfactory, you can delete the Facebook app completely and reinstall it. When you uninstall an app, it automatically removes all data related to the removed app. Here is how to:
- Go to Settings, click General > Storage > Manage Storage.
- Search for Facebook, then click.
- After clicking Facebook, tap "delete" to remove the app.
- You can then reinstall Facebook after the removal is done.
Perhaps you wouldn’t want to regularly clear Cache manually; you can always use the web version of Facebook instead of the application.
Clear Cache from Browser
If you are using Facebook via any browser, use the following option to clear cache.
To clear Cache on Safari:
- Go to Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data
- Click Remove all Website Data > Remove Now
To clear Cache on Google Chrome:
- Go to Chrome App > At the bottom-right click on the 3 dots
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Clear Browsing Data
- Clear Browsing Data (make sure Browsing history, Cookies, Site Data, Cached Images and files are checked)
In this guide, we were able to explain how to clear off facebook cache from your iPhone. Thanks for your time, do well to leave your suggestions in the comment section below.
* You will receive the latest news and updates directly to your inbox !