Animated GIFs are in fashion on Twitter, as you can fully watch them in your fragmented time. However, Twitter does not have an option to allow you to download the GIF.
Twitter actually converts gifs to movie files and has no direct way of downloading them so you can play the content offline. If you have faced this problem, keep reading as we will show you a few ways of doing so.
Downloading GIF files from twitter on your computer
1) Right click on the twitter and select “Copy Video Address”
2) Now go to ezgif.com and click on “Video to GIF”3) Paste the Address copied in Step 1 to the text box labeled “Or paste video URL”.
4) Once you see the video, press “Convert to GIF” button.
5) That is all, you will see the GIF image on the bottom the screen and you can just right click and use “Save image as” to save your GIF image.
There are a lot of sites besides EZGIF who provide similar services, you can try them as well. A few browser plugins also allow you to download the GIF files from twitter.
Downloading GIF files from Twitter on your mobile device
Of all the methods that are available, the easiest way it to do exactly what we explained for the computer section above and save the files to your device. It is easy to copy the address from within the Twitter app and EZGIF has a mobile device to help you with the conversion. Let us look at the steps here:
1) Start by searching for the GIF you want to save on your mobile device and click on the tweet to open it.
2) Next click on the GIF inside the tweet so that it takes up the entire screen.
3) Now you will have to click on the “share” button at the bottom of the screen.
4) Now select “Copy to Clipboard” to copy the image URL.
5) Now go to https://ezgif.com/ and click on “Video to GIF”
6) Paste the Address copied in Step 4 to the text box labeled “Or paste video URL”.
7) Once you see the video, press “Convert to GIF” button.
That is all, you will see the GIF image on the bottom the screen and you can just right click and use “Download image” to save your GIFi mage.
Some dedicated apps also allow you to do the same thing. So, check them out as well.
That is all folks, you now know how to download GIF images from twitter, both on your computer and your mobile devices.