How to Wirelessly Sync Photos Between Android and Windows 10
Always plugging in your device to move pictures here and there your computer system can be a stressful process, as we all know it. Opportunely, there are two primary in-built features – Cortana and Your Phone App – in Windows 10 that allow you to bypass the tradition of connecting your USB cable end to end and wirelessly sync your Photos. This feature makes it almost effortless to move your pictures around.
In this guide, we'll show you how effortless it can be to wirelessly sync your photos using Microsoft’s Your Phone app on Windows 10.
Microsoft’s Your Phone App
This is a preinstalled app on all Windows 10 running PCs, showing notifications, sending and receiving text, and sync photos from your android device.
To use Your Phone App, there are few requirements:
- Windows 10 May 29, 2019 update or later
- Android 7.0 or later version
- Internet connection
Steps to use Your Phone App to sync photos
- Download Your Phone Companion app from Google Play Store on your device.
- Run the app on your device and sign in with your Microsoft account (you’re likely to be signed in already if you use other Microsoft apps on your device). Tap “Continue” after you are signed in.
- You'll then need to grant some permissions o the app to access the gallery, contacts, phone calls and logs, and SMS messages. Then click “Continue”.
- Next, you allow the app to run in the background by clicking “ALLOW”. Then your phone is ready.
- On your PC, find the “Your Phone” app. In case it is not preinstalled on your PC, download the Your Phone App from the Microsoft Store.
- Sign in to your PC; go to Start > Settings > Accounts and sign in using the same Microsoft account you signed in on your phone.
- Launch Your Phone app and follow instructions. When you launch the app, it will detect the new device you had just set up and ask you whether to make it your default device.
- After making the device your default, a notification will pop up on your device—the notification requests to allow your phone to connect to Your Phone app on your PC. Click “Allow” to continue.
- On your PC, you’ll get a welcome message. Click “Get Started” to complete the setup.
There you are! Click "View my photos" to view photos from the PC.
Bonus tip: To activate your phone notifications on your PC, Click "See my notification" on the home screen of the Your Phone app. Then grant the permission to allow the app to sync your device notification from the device.
Also, the "Send text message option" automatically shows text messages from your phone. Simply write your letter in the text box to reply to a message or click the "New message" option to create new text messages. The Your Phone app also allows you to see your device battery percentage from your PC.
With the Your Phone app, you really won't need to pick your phone too often when working on your PC. Did you face any difficulty while setting this up? Drop them in the comment box, and we'll proffer a solution as soon as possible.
* You will receive the latest news and updates directly to your inbox !