Over recent years, Snapchat has grown to be one of the most prominent social media applications to communicate, and stay involved in the lives of your loved ones. The point of Snapchat is to share your experience by means of snaps and videos. While Snapchat is fun as it lets you get engaged in the daily life of not only the people you know, but some celebrities, and the interesting people from all around the world.
In addition to all the stories and snaps, there are certain other fun features that snapchat offers to all its users. People can play games with their friends online, and even click photos using funny and cute different filters. However, it can be pretty addictive, and sometimes to focus on your greater goals, you can consider getting rid of it.
Now, you might ask how to get rid of it? Well, this article got you covered. There are two easy ways which can be used to delete a Snapchat account. Both of them are listed below.
Delete snapchat account
You can’t delete a Snapchat account from the application itself. For that, you need to follow the steps listed below:
• Visit the official website of Snapchat on any browser i.e., www.snapchat.com
• Click on the “support” option, which is pretty easy to locate under the “community” section at the bottom of the homepage.
• After that, click on “My Account & Security.”
• Click on “Account Information”
• Click on “Delete My Account.”
• Enter your username and password, and after that, confirm that you are not a robot by doing a pretty simple task.
• Then click on “delete my account.”
Your account will be deactivated instantly as soon as you do this. However, if you change your mind, and you want to rejoin snapchat, then you still have a time period of thirty days to reactivate your account. If you’re an old user of snapchat, then it will keep your files and data safe until 30 days. However, after 30 days, there is no way to recover your data by any means, and your account will be gone forever.
Alternative way to delete snapchat account
• Open your browser and go to https://accounts.snapchat.com/accounts/delete_account
• Provide your username and your password.
• Complete and human verification, and verify that you are not a robot by clicking on the box.
• Click on “Log in.”
• Then you’ll be required to enter your username and password once again.
• Give your username and password, and then select the option which says “Delete my account.”
• That’s it; your snapchat account will be deactivated.
However, just like in method 1, you will again have the chance to recover your account in 30 days if you want to, and all your data will be saved by snapchat for 30 days if you want to recover any of it. After 30 days, however, the data will be permanently lost. To reactivate your account after you’ve followed any one method, you have to log in to your account using the Snapchat app.
* You will receive the latest news and updates directly to your inbox !